Friday, April 20, 2007

Annual Woodie Award

Yes - the Woodie Award!

In honor of the March birthdays of Truly Bad Films, I distribute annual Woodie Awards. (I'm late this year. Like you've never been late . . . ) In my Fair-n-Balanced® subjective manner, I award Woodies to blogs who in the previous year have made me laugh so hard I slumped over my keyboard squirting tears. The Woodie recognizes those who have either written posts And/Or provided the forum for comments that made me laugh until I was as weak as the Bingo gal after an AARP picnic. The writing that made me laugh need not have been by the author/owner of the blog. It could have been in a comment. Or it could have been a quote in the blog post or in the comments. This is what the Woodie Award looks like:



The award is named after Ed Wood, the unparalleled bad film maker. This is because my blog is, from time to time, about bad film . . . and I like Ed Wood. How often do you get to put a cross-dresser on an award and give it to people? See! I had to do it. And then there was this whole level of giving people "woodies" that my juvenile-impulse-controller couldn't shut down. Sorry, world!

For 2007 we have only one winner. 2006 was a bad year for me and these hilarious peeps helped see me through. When the going got tough, they got funny. Sid F'er has the grace to make cancer hilarious and Moist Rub's mind needs it's own thought-wenches to rub down his brain with scented oils after churning out delightfully demented visions of genius.

The 2007 Winner of the esteemed Woodie Award is:

Leper Pop

Congratulations Gents, and mind you don't wear it down to the gin joints, or the cock fights or to the nursing home. I've got a reputation to uphold here . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would let the Leper Pop boys go first, since it is their award, but in true Leper Pop tradition ...


I'm first! I'm first! I'm first!


Chai - Leper Pop Rocks! And So Are You!

Moist Rub said...

I don't know what you are talking about. We run a serious blog.

But if you want to laugh at us and give us woodies, get in line with the rest of the hookers.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Leper Pop--I've only read a few posts (thanks to miss keysunset) and I've enjoyed them all immensely! The one on depound words was tofucny!